Records & Forms


In each county there is a Section Corner Perpetuation Fund that consists of money collected by the County Recorder when deeds are recorded.

The County Surveyor must maintain a corner record book showing original government section corners, and is required to establish, locate, and reference at least 5% of the corners each year.

Surveys & Maps

The County Surveyor’s office has copies of recorded:

  • Aerials
  • Maps
  • Surveys
  • Topos
  • Other information dealing with land use in the County. 

GIS Mapping

The County has GIS maps with information pertaining to parcels of land in Jefferson County, including floodplain and zoning information for properties in the Jefferson County Zoning jurisdiction. View GIS Maps.

Legal Survey Record Book

The Surveyor maintains a Legal Survey Record Book for all “legal surveys” within the county. These surveys, prepared by a licensed surveyor resolve property disputes.

Indiana Alcoholic Beverage Commission

The Indiana Alcoholic Beverage Commission requires a state form to be signed by the Surveyor to verify the Business Location for ABC permits.