- Departments I - Z
COVID-19 Treasurer's Office Update
Taxes are due May 10th and November 10th
Due to COVID-19, our office will maintain a 6 foot rule. One person at a time will enter the office. To avoid long lines and wait time, please take advantage of our payment options.
- Online credit card: card company will add an additional 2.5% of the total charge to the card
- Online E-Check: An added $1.00 fee will be added, per parcel
- German American Bank: Must have a tax statement with you to pay
- Farmers Bank: Must have a tax statement with you to pay
- Drop Box at our Main Street Entrance: NO CASH
- Mail to PO BOX 99
Sorry for any inconvenience. Please call the office for any questions, we will be happy to assist.
The office of the Treasurer is a constitutional office. The treasurer serves a 4 year term with a 2 term limit during any 12 year period. The County Treasurer is the custodian of all monies belonging to the county. Disbursements of monies with the proper orders and attested by the County Auditor.
The responsibilities include:
- Bills and collects property taxes (real estate-personal-mobile home)
- Collects delinquent property taxes and taxes in judgment
- Collects taxes involved in bankruptcy
- Collects Innkeepers Tax
- Conducts annual real estate tax sale
- Handles investment of funds
- Issues tax clearances for mobile home moving permits and alcohol beverage permits
- Searches for and collects delinquent taxes of public employees