The mission of Jefferson County 911 Communications is to provide, maintain, improve and upgrade 911 emergency call - taking and dispatch services in Jefferson County by utilizing the most modern equipment and technology available.
Responsibilities and Services
- Provide public safety call taking and dispatch services without interruption, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week
- Assign addresses in accordance with Jefferson County Ordinance Ordinance 1993-2 in an efficient and convenient manner
- Provide public service information to the community and emergency response agencies regarding 911 issues
- Provide training and quality assurance services
- Coordinate maintenance for the Jefferson County communications tower and all public safety radio repeaters
- Provide and maintain a computer aided dispatch (CAD) system for all public safety dispatchers
- Provide and maintain a 911 call recording system
- Co-ordinate with the Jefferson County Information Technology Director to purchase, maintain, and upgrade computer workstations, servers, and other information technology used by 911
- Maintain a comprehensive, interoperable communication system.
- Adapt the highest level of information technology to be provided to the users in a computer aided dispatch (CAD) system.
- Enhance staff expertise, competency and professionalism.
- Provide citizens, the business community, and County staff with convenient access to appropriate information and services through technology.
- Provide vision, leadership, and a framework for emerging technology, and implement proven information systems to support public safety responders.